When we found out that David and Marion Hopkinson were invited as experts to the National Labrador Show in Nizhny Novgorod, and that a seminar for breeders held by Mr. Hopkinson was held as part of the exhibition, we started to get ready for the trip. Everyone in the world of labradors knows these names of the owners of the legendary English nursery Rocheby, but not every day has the opportunity to attend a seminar and chat with famous expert breeders!
The exhibition was held in a park located near the city center. Refereeing went in two rings. First began the examination of black Labradors, conducted by David Hopkinson. By the way, Mr. Hopkinson is also a pony breeder. A little later, in a ring located nearby, the refereeing of chocolate dogs began, which was Continue reading
1. Have you been judging Labrador Retriever dogs for a long time and how do you think this breed is developing in Russia?
2. What problems today are characteristic for the Labrador breed as a whole? What do you think you need to pay attention to Labrador breeders?
3. If you have judged abroad, how does the level of Russian labradors correspond to the international?
4. When you conduct an examination of labradors, what do you pay attention to first of all? And what do you think is secondary?
5. In your opinion, is there a problem with the intra-breed types of Labradors and is this related to color or other factors? Continue reading
Its wonderful character and comfortable appearance attract adults and children. His hunting abilities are fascinating. This dog succeeds! Including success with the general public. But beware of fakes.
Labrador – the most popular dog in Europe, the dog of kings and presidents, stars and ordinary employees, blind and disabled people, police and rescuers. Although we all love to list celebrities who have Labradors (and the list is very impressive: the Queen of England and the American President, Charles Aznavour, Nikolai Karachentsev, …) honestly, the best owner for a Labrador is an ordinary representative of the middle class, moderately cheerful, quite sociable, not necessarily sporty – just an ordinary person. Because the Labrador is unpretentious in food, does not require special hair care, does not need particularly long walks – Continue reading