First essential knowledge for puppy owners
Before bringing the puppy to the apartment, make sure that he does not have access to small objects (which can be swallowed) and to electric wires (to avoid injury). The floor in the place where the puppy will be kept should not be slippery (to prevent improper positioning of the limbs) and cold.
Feed the Labrador puppy:
from 2 to 3 months – 5 times a day (break at night)
from 3 to 4 months – 4 times a day (break at night)
from 4 to 5 months – 3 times a day (break at night)
from 5 months – feed 2 times a day (morning and evening)
Use only professional feeds of the super premium and premium class (Eukanuba, Hills, Royal Canin, etc.).
Do not use economy class feed!
The food must be appropriate for the dog’s age and breed.
For allergy-prone dogs, use lamb feed.
At 1.5, switch to Eukanuba Dog Adult Large Breed.
The feed rate, depending on the weight and age of the puppy, is indicated on the package. The daily feed rate should be divided by the number of feedings. A faceted glass contains approximately 100 g of feed.
Sample vaccination plan (each veterinarian has his own vaccination schedule):
1) 2 months (it is not necessary to drive the worms, since the worms were driven away in 1.5 months). Vaccines are preferably Eurikan, Tetradog or Vanguard.
2) 2 months 3 weeks (no need to drive worms). Revaccination.
3) 6 months (10 days before vaccination you need to drive off the worms). Hexadog.
4) 6 months and 3 weeks (no need to drive worms). Hexadog.
5) 1.5 years. (10 days before vaccination, you need to drive off the worms). Hexadog.
Then take vaccinations once a year
10 days before vaccination, you need to drive off the worms (Drontal, Cystal), depending on the weight of the dog (1 tablet per 10 kg of weight).
1) 3 weeks (Pirantel suspension for children – check with the veterinarian for the dosage, depending on the weight of the puppy),
2) 1.5 months (Drontal for puppies – the dosage should be checked with the veterinarian depending on the weight of the puppy),
3) 3.5 months (Drontal, Cystal).
Up to 10 months to drive worms 1 time in 2 months, after 10 months – 1 time per quarter.
Prevention of pyroplasmosis and a remedy for fleas.
For puppies, drops on Front Line withers are best suited once a month. Just do not forget that prevention does not 100% relieve ticks. Talk to your veterinarian. After each walk (especially during periods of tick activation) carefully inspect your pets. If you find a tick crawling over the dog’s body, you just need to remove it and neutralize it. If the tick has already stuck, it must first be removed from the body of the dog, and then within a week to monitor the condition of the dog: the color of her urine, appetite, temperature, mood. In case of suspicion, urgently, without delay, contact your veterinarian, delay can cost the life of your pet.
To remove the tick from the body of the animal, you need to pierce the body of the tick with a thin needle and carefully unscrew it (by rotating the needle around its axis). You do not need to drip on a tick and lubricate it with anything. This manipulation will not require special skills from you, the procedure is quite simple. After you have removed the tick, the site of the bite must be treated with hydrogen peroxide 3%.
Medicines that should be in your medicine cabinet:
1) Hydrogen peroxide 3% (antiseptic),
2) Chlorhexidine bigluconate 0.05% solution (antiseptic),
3) Eye ointment or drops,
4) Baby powder (for diaper rash and skin irritation),
5) Disposable syringes without a needle (for treating lacerations with peroxide and for administering liquid drugs orally,
6) Activated charcoal (for indigestion).
7) Streptocide (powder).
Do not allow:
1) Until about 6 months old, do not allow the puppy to be on the couch, bed, etc. (to avoid injuries), in order to play with him, it is better to go down to the floor yourself (in the interests of the puppy).
2) Do not stroke the puppy’s ears, tail, so as not to spoil the set.
3) During the change of teeth, do not pull toys from the puppy’s mouth so as not to spoil the bite.
4) To prevent damage to the furniture, buy a puppy veneered bones (sold at a pet store). They can be given during tooth changes.
5) Run after the bike (you can only from 1.5 years).
6) The command “Serve”, “Crawl” (only after 1.5 years).